Instructions for setting up a web search for MemoQ and TRADOS systems
Modern CAT tools have built-in website search capabilities, which significantly increases translation productivity.
Instructions for the integration of the current dictionary into MemoQ and TRADOS systems are provided below.
MemoQ has a built-in tool for searching the Internet called MemoQ Web Search. To connect the milword.net resource for searching through MemoQ, follow these steps:
1. Click the MemoQ Web Search button on the toolbar or press Ctrl+F3.
2. In the window that appears, go to settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner next to the Search button.
3. In the next window, click the Add new button.
4. The window for configuring a new search resource appears. Fill in the fields as shown in the screenshot. Copy the following address into the Search URL field:
5. In the Web search settings window, check the Use box next to the name of the new Milword search provider.
Now to search in the milword.net online dictionary, you just need to highlight any word or phrase and click the MemoQ Web Search button on the toolbar or use the hotkeys Ctrl+F3.
SDL Trados Studio does not have a web search tool by default. To add this feature, you need to download the Web Lookup plugin from the store and install it.
You can download the plugin for your version of Trados Studio here: https://appstore.rws.com/plugin/4/
After installing the plugin, follow these steps to connect the milword.net resource for searching through Trados Studio:
1. Open the Web Lookup panel by clicking on the Web Lookup button in the Advanced tab on the toolbar.
2. On the Web Lookup panel, scroll down the list of web resources on the left side until the Settings... link appears.
Click the Settings... link.
3. In the window that appears, fill in the empty fields as shown in the screenshot.
Copy the following address into the URL field:
Now to search in the milword.net online dictionary, you need to click on the Milword link on the left side of the Web Lookup panel, highlight the word or phrase you need in the text, and press the Web Lookup button on the toolbar or use the hotkeys Alt+F8.